Friday, September 8, 2017

State Fair 2017

Friday, September 1, 2017

Disappointed I was only able to make it to the fair once this year. I was hoping to match my record of 3 visits back in 2014.  Alas, multiple visits were not meant to be this time around. With kids in the district where I teach starting school now before Labor Day and with teacher workshop week overlapping the first few days of the fair, it's hard to get there as much as I'd like.  Never-the-less, the one visit Dale and I made this year was hugely enjoyable - lots of food and Garrison Keillor's (supposedly) last appearance at the Grandstand made it well worth while. Of course, there's always next year. The Fair still makes me feel like a kid and having to wait for another year is just as hard as it was when I was a lad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment