Sunday, September 1, 2019

State Fair 2019 (Second Visit) - The Giant Slide

Friday, August 30, 2019

We made it to The Giant Slide and discovered the line for tickets to be very short. Dale surprised me by saying he wanted to go so we purchased a couple tickets, hopped in line, grabbed our mats and made the hike up the stairs. 

This year is the 50th anniversary of the Giant Slide.

The line for tickets was short.

Lots of steps to get to the top.

Obviously it takes longer to get to the top than down to the bottom.

Quite fun for just $2.50. Wow, 1969, 50 years ago. I don't exactly remember it but Mom says I was there. Mom, Dad, Grandma Alice and Grandpa Louie came in the late 1960s starting the year or maybe the year after I was born. I'm still attending more than half a century later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment