Monday, August 26, 2024

State Fair 2024 - Sheep Barn

Friday,  August 23, 2024

Dale and I headed over to the sheep/poultry barn next. One of the women ahead of us was carrying in a turkey. 

I'll enlarge the picture. She's the one on the right. The turkey was calm, still, and very well behaved. I can only imagine what it'd do if I tried picking it up. I'm sure there's a trick to doing it right. 

Although not overly hot it was very muggy in the barn so the sheep weren't very active.

This one seemed rather taken with me. I was gonna pet him but then he bit the top bar off the gate to his pen. I wasn't sure if that was a good sign. 

Some had their wool shaved off so I imagine they were doing a bit better with the humidity than the others. 

They all seemed pretty darn sweet. 

Part of the fun of the Fair to me is that we can get up close to farm animals which is pretty cool since we're obviously so disconnected from farm life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment