Monday, July 4, 2011

Food On a Stick

I was doing dishes this morning and was listening to a local morning news show that was on TV in the living room. I heard mention of the State Fair and went to look at what they were talking about.
I didn't catch the whole thing but a guy was being interviewed about doing salad on a stick at the State Fair this year. One of the foods on a stick that I've never tried is the walleye on a stick so I think I might have to give that a go this year.

The following is from the Food Network website: "Teddy Roosevelt famously said, 'speak softly and carry a big stick...' at the Minnesota State Fair more than 100 years ago. He was talking about foreign policy, but today, any reference to a big stick would most likely involve something breaded and fried: The Minnesota fair has one of the widest varieties of food on a stick in the country - more than 60 options. Deep-fried Reuben dogs and spaghetti-and-meatball balls are the crowd-pleasers, but one of the best bites of Minnesota flavor is the locally caught walleye. The state fish is mild, flaky and just meant to be dipped in batter, fried and dunked in tartar sauce."

No comments:

Post a Comment