Friday, July 15, 2011

Minnesota State Fair 2006 Part 3 - Deep Fried Candy Bars

Deep fried candy bars, to me, are like communism. In theory it all sounds great but in reality it just doesn't work. I'm not sure if they were brand new to the fair in 2006 but if not, they hadn't been around too much before that. I just remember having heard about them on TV that year and knowing that I really wanted to try one. Dale and I got to the booth and I ordered a deep fried Snickers. It was prepared just like a corn dog - dipped in batter and then deep fried. I'll never forget that first bite because it made the sides of my tongue curl. Them problem was that the batter was way too sweet and a candy bar is sweet enough as it is already. Sweet plus too sweet equals WAY too sweet, that is, unless you're into that kinda thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment