Saturday, September 10, 2011

MN State Fair 2011 - From Dale's Blog


Dale took the above photo of me on one of our two visits to the State Fair this year. The following is written by him and from his blog:

"Joe and I went to the State Fair twice this year, which has never happened before. Once is usually enough but this year we went at the beginning of the Fair's run then went again just this past Friday to celebrate Joe's mom's 70th birthday by taking her to see Garrison Keillor and A Prairie Home Companion at the Grandstand."

"The picture above is of Joe outside the Horticulture Building. In Colorado, the State Fair is not part of the shared state culture, so my family never attended, nor did anyone I knew. When I moved here, I realized it is very much part of the culture of the state and almost everyone goes or has gone and everyone knows about it, regardless."

Joe has very fond and long memories of the State Fair, and compared anticipating it and experiencing it much the same way as kids anticipate and experience Christmas. I like this picture of him because his pleasure being at the Fair is just obvious. And it gives him an opportunity to wear his European Man Clutch."

No comments:

Post a Comment