Monday, September 3, 2018

State Fair 2018 (Second Visit) - Education Building

Sunday, September 2, 2018

About a week ago on my last trip to the fair, I completed the walking tour. Upon finishing the tour you could turn in the brochure at the Minnesota Historical Society Booth in the Education Building with the stops punched out for a prize. I pooped out and didn't make it in for the exchange. I resolved to stop in this visit to see what the prize was. However, I forgot to bring along the brochure. 


I told the woman at the Minnesota Historical Society booth and she said she believed I completed the trek and would give me the prize anyway although she thought I might not want it when I saw what it was. 


It turned out to be a water bottle that could clip on to your belt! Of course I wanted that!!



I asked her about the Grandstand stop of the tour and told her I couldn't find the punching station. She told me she thought someone probably stole it as other folks have had the same problem. Dale and I found it this trip. I don't know how I missed it last time.



The volunteer at the MNHS booth also took our picture in front of a green screen and we got to choose the background. We went with the Split Rock Light House.


The Education Building also held lots of artwork of students around the state. 


I was rather taken with this sock puppet.



No comments:

Post a Comment