Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fair 2015 - Visit #1: The Food Building

Saturday, August 29, 2015


We next stopped at the Food Building to get Shay some cheese curds. I love cheese curds but I can never eat more than 1 or 2 pieces before I’m done-in so I never buy any on my own. There are probably about 15 pieces per order. Anyway, the line was INSANE so we headed off to check out the International Bazaar. There was  lots to see once we got there. Fortuitously, the band, The Good, The Bad, and the Funky was playing on the main stage there. They’re a great local cover band and were doing Purple Rain upon our arrival. A contingent of our group went in search of restrooms and while the rest of us waited I got a phone call from Mom. When I told here were I was she wished us a good time and told me she’s looking forward to seeing A Prairie Home Companion at the Grandstand with Dale and me next week. I can’t wait. I’m guessing it’ll be his last State Fair appearance with the show since he’s retiring from the program this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment