Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fair 2015 - Visit #1: Alligators, Corn, Cookies... Oh, My!

Saturday, August 29, 2015


The next stop on our list was Sweet Martha’s Cookies for Shay but the lines were so insanely long that we passed and decided to try again later. We hit the Corn Roast stand and Bayou Bob’s in the meantime. I got corn while Cathy got fried alligator. She let me try some. I’ve never had it before. It was an odd combination of tasting like chicken but with a consistency somewhat flakey, like fish. Very tasty, though. 

At this point, Mike took Shayla off to attempt another try at Sweet Martha’s Cookies. I got in line for a Pronto Pup and while waiting got a call from Dale who is up on Madeline Island for a board meeting. It was great to hear from him. I was so sad that he couldn’t be with us but I don’t think he would have enjoyed today’s crowds. We usually attend the fair together on weeknights when there’s a bit more elbow room.

No comments:

Post a Comment